Heal Her Heart x ORANGEINAL believes in the use of art therapy to nourish and align the mind, body, and spirit connection as it relates to healing and recovery.
Relieving trauma can be a difficult process and sometimes words do not help with expression; this is where art therapy comes in as an alternative approach to therapies and an instrument that can help guide and promote mental health and wellbeing.
Join us for three hours of time dedicated to ourselves, nourishing our mental health, wellness, self-expression through arts, conversation around our individual journeys towards healing… and for wine!
Art therapy has been proven to aid in:
* Promoting self-expression, feelings, and emotions
* Facilitating positive perspectives on one’s life
* Working through difficult experiences
* Verbal and non-verbal communication
* Instilling techniques to self-manage and the development of coping mechanisms
* Exploring, managing, and providing insight into traumatic experiences
* This workshop will include light refreshments
* A complimentary glass of wine (red or white options available)
* Each participant will receive a Heal Her Heart colouring book featuring art work by our art instructor, ORANGEinal
* Participants will keep their artwork
* This class includes all required materials
* Please be advised – participants may experience triggers
Tickets available here: Art With Heart – Tickets
Heal Her Heart and Ankit Designs have joined forces, in solidarity and allyship, for their 1st Annual Food and Clothing Drive; donating all proceeds, articles of clothing, food items, hygiene products and toys to Anduhyaun Emergency Shelter for Women and Children and The Redwood Shelter for Women and Children.
Running from: NOVEMBER 1ST 2017 – DECEMBER 1ST 2017
We are accepting:
- new clothing for women; all sizes
- gently used winter coats and boots for women and children
- children’s clothing (male and female identified)
- canned/packaged food (preferably rice, flour, sugar, dry cereal, dry pasta, canned tuna and salmon, mayo, ziplock bags (all sizes), fruit cups and apple sauce,
- brand new items for babies – bottles, blankets, clothing etc
- hygiene products – (no razors, hotel size soaps or hotel size shampoos)
- PC gift cards
Please ensure all food and hygiene products are sealed.
Drop off locations:
2235 Derry Road E. #38
Mississauga, ON, LS51V6
Heal Her Heart
703 Bloor St. W. #201
Toronto, ON, M6G1L5
Information about each shelter can be found below.
Anduhyaun Emergency Shelter for Women and Children:
Anduhyaun is Canada’s oldest emergency shelter for Indigenous women, where there is support and advocacy for women and children fleeing and/or recovering from the traumas of violence. Anduhyaun is a women run organization with Indigenous women as their allies in management, staff and community partners. Services offered at the shelter (but not limited to); resident support, individual counselling, sexual assault counselling, crisis counselling, life skills counselling, cultural ceremonies.
The Redwood provides programs and services to support women and children to live and thrive without abuse, homelessness and poverty. Services include but are not limited to; Services offered but not limited to; a safe free refuge 24 hours of the day, telephone counselling, in person counselling for women and children, housing support services, referral to subsidized daycare and school registration, job readiness training and employment counselling, and legal support in immigration, family law and legal aid.
We’ve made it to a year!
One thing greater than being defiant, triumphant, healing, recovering and transitioning on your own is finding the strength to do this, even in the face of adversity, with the support and encouragement of others.
Lets celebrate how far we’ve come together and lets celebrate ourselves.
Heal Her Heart is committed to empowering women who have experienced trauma to share their stories and continue the work towards their journey of healing. Through expressive writing therapy, compassionate counselling, and compelling media, we’re working to change the narrative for women living through trauma.
Join us for a night filled with:
+ music – sounds by: DJ ROSEGOLD
+ laughter – good vibes only!
+ dancing – always good for the soul!
+ photobooth – come camera ready!
+ yummy treats – mmmmm, courtesy of Squish Candies.
+ raffle prizes and giveaways – BMW, MAC Cosmetics, EasyPeriod and DavidsTea just to name a few!
+ proceeds from the event will be going towards Heal Her Heart programming, workshops, and support groups.