Heal Her Heart x ORANGEinal believes in the use of art therapy to nourish and align the mind, body, and spirit connection as it relates to healing and recovery.
Relieving trauma can be a difficult process and sometimes words can not be used in expression; this is where art therapy comes in as an alternative approach to therapies and an instrument that can help guide and promote mental health and wellbeing.
Our artwork and group session will reflect one of our 7 chakras we feel most needs to be healed and restored so our bodies can function in an optimal way.
Chakras are, in very basic terms, 7 energetic centres which our energy flows through. Often when our emotions are out of balance, sometimes as a result of trauma, these centres become blocked which can manifest as illness or aches and pains in the body, so it’s important to know which centres are which and how we can balance them.
Join us for four hours of time dedicated to ourselves, nourishing our mental health, wellness, self-expression through arts, conversation around our individual journeys towards healing…and for wine!
Art therapy has been proven to aid in:
- Promoting self-expression, feelings, and emotions
- Facilitating positive perspectives on one’s life
- Working through difficult experiences
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Instilling techniques to self-manage and the development of coping mechanisms
- Exploring, managing, and providing insight into traumatic experiences
- This workshop will include light refreshments
- A complimentary glass of wine (red or white options available)
- Each participant will receive a Heal Her Heart colouring book featuring art work by our art instructor, ORANGEINAL
- Participants will keep their artwork
- This class includes all required materials
- Please be advised – participants may experience triggers as discuss both past and present traumatic experiences during this workshop.
Purchase tickets here: Art With Heart – Tickets
Heal Her Heart and Cassandra Cornacchia believe in the use of physical activity to nourish and align the mind, body, and spirit connection as it relates to healing and recovery.
Now starting on Sundays:
A program designed and developed by Cassandra Cornacchia, to enhance our abilities to deeply care for and nourish our well-being in a transformative and loving way; co-facilitated by Founder of Heal Her Heart, Amanda Dookie. This will be done by:
– Practicing how to strengthen emotional awareness and intelligence
– Balancing our chakras; focusing on a new chakra each week
– Healing highly challenging states and emotions revolving around trauma, guilt, shame, and self-hate by validating and honouring our experiences
– Developing tools to enhance self-compassion, individual healing, self-worth, self-trust, and self love
– Learning how to continuously nourish ourselves while eliminating self-sabotaging behaviours
Participants can expect:
– An opening “check-in”
– A teaching related to the weekly theme
– Yoga and meditation practises honouring a new chakra each week
– Therapeutic group exercises
– A closing group “check-out”
Each session will embody a different weekly theme inspired by Teal Swan’s books “Shadows Before Dawn: Finding the Light of Self Love Through Your Darkest Times” and “The Completion Process: The Practise of Putting Yourself Together Back Again.”
Session 1: Emotional Health; May 6th 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Session 2: Nourishment and Self-Worth; May 13th 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Session 3: Affirmations and Expression; May 20st 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Session 4: Freedom from Self-Sabotage; May 27th 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Session 5: Committing to Compassion; June 3rd 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Session 6: Boundaries and Protection; June 10th 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Session 7: Embodying Self-Love and Purpose; June 17th 2018 (12:00-1:30pm)
Cassandra is a certified yoga instructor, with a background in social work, psychology, and mindfulness. She is inspired to hold spaces where everyone feels supported to learn from one another and grow together. She believes that learning to heal, love, be kind and be at peace with ourselves, is the first step in healing the world.
Classes are designed to accommodate people of all physical abilities.
We’re excited! On Tuesday, April 17th, Heal Her Heart will be attending Nubian Star: Goddess Market and Artist Showcase at The Piston (937 Bloor St. W.) as one of Shaemara’s special guests! Shop local artists and collections, explore the Kind Exchange Pop-Up Shop, and enjoy an all-female music showcase featuring some of your favourite Toronto artists!
Come by and meet the Heal Her Heart team, learn about our upcoming events, and purchase Heal Her Heart merch! See you there!
Date: Tuesday, April 17th 2018